For Freelancers & Subscribers
Just Labs is published six times a year: January, March, May, July, September, and November. Query first, either by e-mail, fax, or USPS. This may help us help you make your story more marketable; an unsolicited manuscript needs to be “spot on” the first time in order for it to be purchased. If submitting assigned articles or unsolicited manuscripts, please send as either an MS Word attached file to our e-mail, or on a disk along with a double-spaced hard copy. Please read the magazine! This may save you time in writing or suggesting story ideas about topics we have recently covered.
For full Writer’s Guidelines, which include rates, send a request to Jill LaCross, Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your participation! You and your Lab help make Just Labs all it can be!
We require that any hard copy photo you submit of your Lab to be a duplicate and not your one-and-only prized photograph because the photos will not be able to be returned. With every photo submitted, please include a fun, one or two-sentence caption with your name, dog’s name, and city/state/zip code.
You may submit your own subscriber photo the following ways:
1. As a hard copy print mailed to 2779 Aero Park Drive, Traverse City, MI 49686;
2. As a digital photo saved on a CD to the address above;
3. E-mailed as an attachment to email@example.com.
Digital photo requirements:
1. Please submit the digital file rather than the print-out of the photo if taken with a digital camera.
2. Your digital camera must be at least 3 megapixels or higher, and you must set your camera to its highest resolution. Consult your manual!
3. You will know you have a photo that is capable of being printed in the magazine if, when you look at it in any photo editing software, it has properties of at least 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels; or a resolution of 300 dpi at a physical size of 3″x 5″ (or greater).